Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Like mother like daughter

While I have never given birth to a child, let alone been in a serious enough of a relationship to get married and then begin thinking of having one…. I have seen a lot of people I know begin their lives in a new chapter this year. From engagements and marriages to babies and house purchases… I've begun to hit the point where everyone is growing up and moving forward around me.  So I decided to reflect on what my life would look like when I'm finally blessed with those moments… Today, I decided to focus in particular on the idea of my future daughter. I say future because I'm not pregnant, and I just KNOW I'm having a girl anyway. And if you were wondering, Yes, I already have her name picked out.  Anyway…. here it goes….

When I have a daughter, I will pray endlessly that she never has to endure the pain I’ve endured prior to her birth.

I vow to support and cherish her beyond her wildest of dreams and aspirations, and let her know that, “anything is possible” is more than just a saying to live by. 

I will cradle her in my arms only when she needs it most, and push her beyond the limitations she has created, because my daughter—Is going to be great.

My daughter will be strong and compassionate, educated and helpful. She will see beyond the years of her age and deep within the people she meets. She will step on the toes of the status quo and be the leader her female predecessors encouraged her to be.

When I have a daughter, I will pray endlessly that she shall want for nothing.

I vow to advise her with the wisdom I’ve gained and have the patience to allow her to explore on her own.

I will teach my daughter right from wrong whilst encouraging her to question, why. She will be inquisitive and firm, standing among a forest of redwoods. She will continuously reach for the stars and be convinced that each day she’s one step closer.

My daughter will not accept things as they are. But rather, seek alternate options to improve upon what is established—not only for herself, but for others as well.

When I have a daughter, I will pray endlessly that she knows not of loneliness or alienation. The sting of inevitable and occasional failure will be brief and motivating.

I vow to put her needs beyond my own and attempt to be at every curtain call, game, match and recital in which she participates

I will remember every birthday and milestone with pictures and a celebration

My daughter will succeed where I have fallen and travel the places I’ve never dared. She will be my inspiration and my pride.

 When I have a daughter, she will begin a new chapter in a book she has yet to write.

 ☮ ♥ & ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment